Alright, so I the first step is admitting – right? I, Loren Ferguson, hate to fix my hair. I feel like I have decent hair. When it dries it is naturally curly/wavy – unfortunately that is why I never fix it! I would loveeee to curl my hair everyday (okay – I probably wouldn’t like DOING it, but I would love for it to BE curled) but in order for that to happen it is such a process: I have to blow-dry my hair straight (which never comes out straight) and then flat iron my hair smooth and straight and THEN begin curling it. Don’t even get me started on my “curling”.. that deserves a whole blog post – or dozen – on its own!
Anyways, as you can tell I am not a classically trained hairstylist! :) So, let’s learn together, yeah? I will show you some of my lazy-girl hairstyles and how I pull it off and I promise to branch out and try to learn to fix my hair like how a fashion loving, 20-something should! First up, I LOVE buns! Okay, that came out wrong (or right? ;P) Having curly/wavy hair, a bun gets the rats nest off of my neck and out of the way when I don’t want to deal with it.
My hair is “long” to most people (it is about halfway down my back, but definitely not the longest it has ever been) so sometimes it is hard to wrap my hair around and around and around on top of my head. The weight of the bun does its damage throughout the day and I end up with a headache – yeah, that’s a lot of hair. So I typically opt for a low semi-messy bun.
This lazy girl bun hair tutorial is super easy (and fast) to get you up and out of the door asap!
These spiral bobby pins will save your life!
1. Secure your hair in a loose low pony tail with a small rubber band.
2. Separate your hair above your rubber band and pull your pony tail through the hole you just made.
3. Starting from the end of your ponytail moving towards your head scrunch and roll your hair upwards towards the ceiling.
4. Take two spiral bobby pins and secure your bun from each side. *These bobby pins are amazing – they literally take the place of dozens of bobby pins. I highly recommend grabbing some of the puppies at your local Walmart or Target.
5. Pull out your bangs and a couple of front pieces to frame your face. You can straighten these pieces or curl them for a more fun, messy bun.
Stay in the know!