We recently traveled to Inn on the Beach in St. Pete Beach Florida for the best little getaway from Houston! Florida is an ideal vacation spot for Houstonians because the airfare is very affordable and it only takes about 3.5 hours and you are sitting on the white sand staring out over crystal clear water. We are major beach people (check out our adventures in Nicaragua & Belize!) so Inn on the Beach was the perfect place for us and I know you will love it too!!
5 Reasons to stay at Inn on the Beach
- Location, Location, Location! – Inn on the Beach is located in the most perfect spot! Right across from a beach entrance. We loved waking up in the morning, making a cup of local coffee, and sipping it as we watched the waves. The Inn is located just a couple of blocks away from several shops and restaurants which is perfect. You still have everything you want and need at your fingertips without all of the busy foot traffic. We were on the beach during peak times and it was always low-key. There were not many people around which made for a relaxing getaway. Inn on the Beach is on a tiny island which makes perfect for walking or biking your way around town – no rental car needed! If you do need a car there are plenty of Ubers around to take you wherever you need to go.
- The small town charm is well.. charming! – The manager at Inn on the Beach was so welcoming! We loved the atmosphere she created. She was attentive to our needs and made sure we had everything we needed, but also gave us our space and was not overbearing like some small inns can be. She genuinely cared that we had a good time and was always available to help whenever needed. She even hugged us as we said our goodbyes – well, I guess it was our “see you later”s perhaps. Because we will be back!
- Beach gear is provided! – I loved the beach gear Inn on the Beach provided! We had an ‘ah-ha’ moment when we got there in the evening to watch the sunset and realized we didn’t think to pack beach towels so we had nothing to sit on. Luckily, the inn provided two beach chairs, an umbrella, beach towels, and a rolling cart for it all to be easily transported to the beach. We were SO thankful for that umbrella to shade us from the heat! It was all so easy to set up with the tools provided to secure it in the sand.
- You won’t be bored there are activities galore! – We went for some good ol’ relaxation, but there were so many things to do if you have an adventurous side! Inn on the Beach provided so much information about all the activities that were going on. St. Pete Beach is perfect for paddle boarding, kayaking, and snorkeling. There are also some really cute boutique shops and restaurants along the main street. You can also take an Uber (cost about $10) to go to
- The beach decor is spot on to make you feel at home! – Our room was so beautifully decorated. At one point I told Caleb, “I would totally live here if I could!” The bed was super comfy and the small couch was perfect for a little late night TV watching. The kitchen was equipped with everything we need including utensils and appliances. I fell in love with the yellow Smeg fridge/freezer! It is just my style! :) Inn on the Beach created the perfect suite so comfortable that we started calling it “home” by the end of the trip.
Overall our stay was perfect! We couldn’t have asked for a better place to stay for our getaway. This location is ideal for families, couples and anyone really who is looking for some good quality time with others. Traveling from Houston the plane tickets are SO affordable. It makes it the perfect getaway even for just a weekend. We will be back to Inn on the Beach! :)
Thanks so much Inn at the Beach for hosting us on this amazing stay!