This homemade pop-tart recipe is so ridiculously easy! There are so many different ways that you can make pop-tarts. I have to admit – I know they are not particularly healthy, but they are delicious! I have tried to get around the unhealthiness (is that a word?) and make some homemade pop-tarts.
S’mores, chocolate, brown sugar cinnamon, I could go on and on. I love them all! Although, I haven’t branched out and tried those odd flavors like root beer or watermelon. A orange soda flavored pop-tart weirds me out.
I decided to make some classic strawberry homemade pop-tarts for my ULTIMATE GILMORE GIRL REVIVAL WATCH PARTY. You only need a handful of ingredients for these yummy snacks. I even cheated a little on the recipe. Normally, you would want to use a roll out pie crust, but I couldn’t find any of those in the fridge. But I did have frozen ready to bake pie crusts. I just let them defrost and rolled them flat to cut out my pop-tart rectangle.
This homemade pop-tart recipe is perfect for a Gilmore Girls themed party for the Netflix revival. Be sure to check out my guide to throwing the most epic Gilmore Girls watch-party here!
Homemade Pop-tart Recipe
Roll-out pie crust
Any filling: preserves, Nutella, whatever you want!
3/4 confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Toppings: Sprinkles, marshmallows, whatever goes with you filling!
1. Roll out refrigerated pie crust and cut it in to rectangles
2. Put a small amount on filling. A little bit goes a long way!
3. Place another pie crust rectangle on top and seal it by pressing the edges together.
4. Press down the edges with a fork to ensure the filling is sealed inside.
5. Poke a couple of holes to let the heat escape while baking.
6. Bake a 375 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
7. Mix together your icing ingredients and top your pop-tart once it cools. Once the icing cools it will set – it is more like a glaze than icing!
7. Enjoy with friends and family!