Tis the season! I am so excited to share some holiday party hosting tips to make your party Instagram-worthy! I was very lucky to be able to brunch at House of Hough’s lovely showroom and learn a thing or two (or million) about how to make your table WOW for the holidays.
First off – these ladies of House of Hough are amazing! All of them are so fun, personable, and you can tell that they love their job. I was excited to learn from the best! As soon as you walk in to the showroom you are greeted by a beautiful ivy wall with a cut out closed curtain and instructions to ring the bell for champagne. You do – of course – and a red gloved hand pops through the curtain to hand you your glass of perfectly chilled bubbly. So adorable. I wish I had one of these at home. with Reese big cups. and swedish fish. Okay, maybe it’s a good thing we don’t have one because I would probably have diabetes.
The room was perfectly holly and jolly with the tables laid out in a “U” shape covered in beautiful linens and goodies. You better believe all of us Houston blogger babes were snapchatting and Instagramming our beautiful surroundings!
PS Don’t mind the glasses – this was pre-eye surgery so I was forced to wear my red, white and blue glasses everywhere! ‘Merica! :)
Here’s what I learned from the HOH Ladies
- Don’t be afraid of mixing linens! You can create a completely different look by mixing and matching different fabrics and textures. Don’t stray away from a bright tablecloth. Be bold! Add a pattern! Go crazy experimenting with colors, patterns, and textures! :)
- Personalize it! HOH provided us with the CUTEST “name cards” by using ornaments! Bonus: it’s now a keepsake! I made sure to hang it on our Christmas tree.
- Try something different! Don’t feel like you are stuck with one color combination. Switch out your napkin linen 578393 times if you have to! Changing one element can change the entire look of the table.
- Add some greenery! Liven up the table with some free garland to add some depth and texture to the table decor.
- Try out fun charger plates! Don’t know what a charger plate is? Neither did I! :P A charger plate is what your actual plate sits on. It really adds a great element of color or sparkle to your table setting. A charge plate completes the look to me! HOH tied in the gold with charger plates with the flatware, chairs, and ornament calligraphy.
- Party favors – send the fun home! I love sending people off with party favors. They don’t have to be crazy expensive – just make them thoughtful and fun. I loved the mini bottles of champagne, custom cookie, and the nail polish I received from HOH. They sure know how to throw a shindig! ;)
- Don’t shy away from non-traditional colors. Red and green are obvious Christmas colors, but don’t be afraid to add in another pop of color to spice things up. I love the deep purple they used for the ornament name cards and that was added to the chairs with beautiful chair sashes.
The ladies of House of Hough are party and wedding experts! Give them a ring and stop by their showroom to rent linens, chargers, and more for your next occasion.
Photos by Elisheva Golani Photography