Sometimes you just need a little comfort food, right? Try out this easy chicken and dumplings recipe!
I made this yummy meal last night and it hit the spot! I have been sick for a little over a week with some funk going around and I just needed some good, hot comfort food in my belly! My mom always made chicken and dumplings from scratch and it was always kind of a big ordeal so I always avoided cooking it. I started thinking about how I could make a ridiculously easy chicken and dumplings recipe that would somehow measure up to my mother’s recipe.
I’m kind of a little bit embarrassed yet very proud of this recipe. #lazygirlhack It is SO easy I almost feel like it’s cheating! This chicken and dumplings recipe only has 7 simple ingredients (not counting salt & pepper – do people count them as ingredients? haha!) and most of them are probably in your pantry & fridge right now.
I thought about adding bacon – because who doesn’t love bacon?! I will have to next time I make cook chicken and dumplings. Do you add anything special or out of the ordinary to your chicken and dumplings recipe? I’d love to hear!
10 minute prep; 20 minutes cook time; serves 4
1 rotisserie chicken
1 can of biscuits (I used Grand’s southern butter flavor)
32 oz chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1/2 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring broth to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
2. Shred rotisserie chicken and add to the broth. Reduce heat to low.
3. Add in butter, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Stir well.
4. Stir in cream of chicken.
5. Cut each biscuit dough in to 6-9 pieces and add to pot. Stir well
6. Be sure to stir in biscuits well every couple of minutes while it simmers for 10 minutes.
7. Ready to serve! Enjoy with your loved ones!