Photo by Mustard Seed Photography
I envy my husband while we are traveling. He wakes up, showers, and is ready to go. No primping or prepping. His hair always looks great – mine on the other hand needs a little bit of love when we are on an adventure. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite hair products to help you tame your mane while traveling. There are so many different factors to think about while traveling. Your hair can get tired, weak and rebellious while you are out exploring the world. Be sure to take care of it! :)
1. Dry Shampoo – This is my numero uno for a reason! I depend on dry shampoo to do it’s thing while I’m traveling because I simply don’t have the time or will to fix my hair every single day. Dry shampoo is powerful and super simple! There are so many to choose from depending on your hair type. I love that there are dry shampoos now with a touch of color. I always had a hard time blending my dry shampoo in to my dark roots, but now thanks to Batiste and Bumble & Bumble tinted dry shampoo exists. My all-time-can’t-ever-top-it-love-of-my-life dry shampoo is Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Spray. This is a dry shampoo and a texturizing spray all in one. It is perfect for my short Julianne Hough inspired cut!
2. Smoothing Serum – Hair is rebellious by nature. Whatever you want it to do – it wants to do the opposite! I have come to love using smoothing serums and hair oils. When you are traveling in different climates it can cause your hair to do some weird things. I keep my hair in check and tames those pesky fly-aways with smoothing serums & oils. My favorite is Sephora Scent & Shine Coconut Oil. My love for coconut oil is no secret so this obsession with this product is only natural (no pun intended).
3. Hair Mask – Since I’ve gone from super dark natural hair to short blonde bayalage my hair has gotten a little bit thirsty. I try to use a hair mask each week to replenish any moisture that has been lost. Stuffy airplane rides or long car rides can suck the moisture right out of your hair. Renew and revitalize your hair with these great hair masks! I love the packet hair masks as well that you see in store near cosmetics – they are perfect for traveling! It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask is one of my all time favorite hair products!
4. Hairspray – A good hairspray is crucial while traveling. You want to set it and forget it! Don’t worry about your hairspray wearing off. You can get a long-lasting hairspray without the crunchy, uncomfortable texture. I always make sure I have an anti-humidity hairspray because humidity wreaks havoc on my naturally curly/wavy hair. I would end up looking like poof ball by the end of my day if it wasn’t for Dry Bar’s Money Maker Flexible Hold! Here are some of my other favorites:
5. Curl Mousse – As a naturally wavy/curly haired girl I am super fortunate that I can let my hair air dry and it looks decent. I use this to my advantage while I am traveling so I don’t have to pack a flat iron or worry about taking too long to get ready. I make sure to give my curls a little guidance with some product. Curl Charisma is my every day frizz control gel – but no worries it will not leave your hair stick or crunchy! Give your natural hair a chance with these great products!
Need some quick easy hair tutorials perfect for traveling?